What You Should Know About Hypnosis Before You Try It
Hypnotherapy is a lot of things but, above all other things, it is interesting. We are only starting to unlock the many secrets that the human brain and our subconscious mind have hidden away. It is fascinating to discover how different therapies can be used to overcome different mental problems or obstacles. It can be tempting to rush in and try the first self-hypnosis session you can get your hands on. But before you try hypnosis for the very first time, it is best to read on and discover some important facts and theories regarding these treatments.
Almost Everyone Is Hypnotisable
Most people can be hypnotised and it is estimated that about 10% of people are highly hypnotisable. This means that 10% of people are highly responsive to overcoming extremely traumatic situations while 60 – 70% of people can use the treatment to overcome more common issues like anxiety, smoking, or obesity. Hypnotherapy can also be done on people of almost all ages, including children. Other factors (such as willingness to change, and some mental and or neurological conditions) also influence the outcome.
Hypnotherapy Can Treat A Number Of Conditions
Hypnosis can be used for a diverse range different mental and physical health conditions. It can be used to overcome mental health conditions like depression and anxiety, the treatments can be used to improve your overall wellbeing, and it is ideal for treating and overcoming addictive behaviours. It can even be used to treat a number of physical illnesses or conditions.
Hypnotherapy Cannot Cure Diseases
Even though hypnotherapy is practical for reducing symptoms, treating pain management, or functional for overcoming health problems caused by poor behaviour or lifestyle choices, it cannot heal or cure diseases. Hypnotherapy can be an effective supplementary treatment for managing diseases but won’t cure a disease such as cancer.
You Have Likely Already Experienced A State Of Hypnosis
It is entirely possible that you have already entered a state of hypnosis even if you have never enjoyed a session with a hypnotherapist in your life. Highway hypnosis or road hypnosis is a good example of a form of hypnosis that a lot of people enter without even realizing it. While in this state, you can safely drive a car and navigate your way to a desired destination but might not recall a large part of the road when you arrive at your destination. This trance-like state is just like what hypnotherapists recreate during sessions. It can also be likened to a daydream, or the relaxing feeling prior to falling asleep.
Most Of Your Brain Functions At A Subconscious Level
Only about 10% of your mind is conscious, dealing with the here and now, while the other 90% is basically your subconscious. Your subconscious is where all memories are stored, where emotions are generated, and where habits and personality traits are formed. Since most of your brain’s functioning occurs in a subconscious state, it should come as no surprise that hypnotherapy can have such a powerful impact on your life.
Hypnosis Cannot Force You To Do Anything
Hypnotherapy or hypnotherapists cannot force you to do anything you don’t want to do. This is true even if you are in a deep state of hypnosis. You will never lose touch of reality and, even though your thought patterns are reduced under a state of hypnosis, you will still be able to think clearly and collectively about everything you do or don’t want to do.
Now that you know more about hypnosis, it is time to give this wonderfully versatile therapy a try so you can experience its powerful effects for yourself. It is time to book an appointment with Evolution Hypnotherapy. Our specialist can help you work with and overcome a number of problems you might be dealing with so that you can embrace your life.