Post-Session Symptoms You May Experience Directly After A Hypnotherapy Session
If you have never done hypnotherapy before then you might be curious about how these sessions might feel and what effects you might experience afterward. Will you feel like a completely new person? Will you experience physical side effects? Will you be tired? Or perhaps energised?
The truth is that each person might experience something different because we are all so different and respond in unique ways to different situations. In this guide, we take a closer look at some post-session symptoms that lots of people experience after enjoying a hypnotherapy session.
Positive Symptoms You Might Feel Directly After
As mentioned, every client will take something different from hypnotherapy. Most people do however feel a lot better after a hypnotherapy session because this therapy can be so soothing. Here are some of the most common positive side effects that patients often experience.
- Feelings of deep relaxation, especially if you were previously stressed
- Improved self-esteem
- A boost in confidence
- A more rejuvenated feeling
- Feelings and thoughts of positivity
- Higher energy levels
- Those with depression might feel lighter or happier
- Reduced stress and anxiety levels
Positive Effects You Might Experience Days Or Weeks Afterward
Some people feel no different directly after a hypnosis session but can pick up on changes in the following days or weeks after their session. These positive changes are especially likely to become apparent in those that enjoy regular hypnotherapy sessions. Sometimes a family member or friend may comment on noticeable changes in the subject’s behaviour.
- Improved sleep patterns
- A more relaxed personality in general
- Higher confidence levels and better self-esteem on a daily basis
- Uplifting or euphoric feelings that might last for days or even weeks after the session
- Changes in behavioral patterns – usually for the good
- Changes in emotional responses when you encounter unpleasant triggers
- Increased motivation or drive
- Increased positivity or happiness
- A greater desire to improve your life even further
- A deeper inner calm
- Reduced stress levels in general
- Greater self-control
Unwanted After-effects rarely Experienced
While most people will start to feel very good after a hypnotherapy session, there are rare occasions where patients experience some unpleasant side effects directly after the sessions. Here’s a quick look at some negative symptoms some people may rarely experience after a session.
- Lightheadedness as a result of the deep relaxation
- Groggy or tired feelings
- The feeling that you are no longer grounded
Important Factors To Keep In Mind Regarding Post-Session Symptoms
There are a couple of important things you should keep in mind regarding these post-session symptoms that you might encounter.
- We are each unique and so our post-session experiences will vary. This is especially true for in-person sessions because hypnotherapists usually customise their therapies to suit a person’s exact situation.
- It is also important to note that these are just side effects you ‘might’ encounter. You might also experience effects that were intended. For example, someone who is being treated for addiction can also experience other emotions like a greater sense of calm, fewer cravings, and fewer withdrawal symptoms. Someone who is treated for headaches might also feel less pain in addition to some of the positive side effects we mentioned in this guide.
- Another important factor to keep in mind is that some people are naturally more resilient or resistant to hypnosis and might require a lot more sessions to overcome their problem than others. You might not feel these powerful effects after a single session but might notice a dramatic change after receiving treatment for some time.
The only real way to find out what hypnotherapy is like is by enjoying a session of your own. Book a session with Evolution Hypnotherapy now and you might just be surprised at just how good you will feel afterward. Perhaps it will change your life? There’s one way to find out!